Friday 18 December 2009

Airbrushing

I recently viewed an article in the Evening Standard regarding the banning of the heavily airbrushed image of Twiggy in the Oil of Olay advertising campaign.  I am not a fan of celebrity culture and the drivel that it produces, I never buy those glossy magazines that idolises these often talentless puppets.  However I just can't help myself from staring at the glossy covers whenever I pass by any magazine stand.  It is not intrigue in the stories of who is or is not going out with who, but fascination in the obscene amount of airbrushing that has been involved to create this form that nolonger appears to be human.  Although I am very against the use of airbrushing in magazines etc I do have the greatest respect for the people who very skillfully do the airbrushing.


an amazing example of airbrushing by Tim Savage