Thursday 5 November 2009

The Secret Life of Cones by Joachim Muller-Lance @ Pecha Kucha


A couple of my work colleagues are putting together a Pecha Kucha evening in London next week.  I had received a little background information on the what Pecha Kucha was about...

'PechaKucha Night was devised in Tokyo in February 2003 as an event for young designers to meet, network, and show their work in public...Drawing its name from the Japanese term for the sound of conversation ("chit chat"), it rests on a presentation format that is based on a simple idea: 20 images x 20 seconds. It's a format that makes presentations concise, and keeps things moving at a rapid pace.'

And was intrigued to find out  a little more about the  concept so decided to a do a little research and check out the website.

Whilst browsing through the website and viewing some of the Pecha Kucha's past presentations I came across a very amusing video, 
The Secret Life of Cones by Joachim Muller-Lance.  
I love his obsession with the 'cone' which many of us just take for granted, 
and how he speaks about them as living objects.
Unfortunately I can't download the video of his presentation to add to my blog, but I do recommend that you view his presentation on the following link
I'm never going to look at a cone in the same way again!

I'm really looking forward to see what this Monday's Pecha Kucha has in store!!!