Saturday 14 November 2009

ShowStudio @ Somerset House

A brilliant exhibition which shows some great concepts and use of digital media creating some very visually and physically engaging ideas in fashion.

Forget Me Not by Julie Verhoeven Peter Saville. 
I've always loved Julie Verhoeven's illustrations so couldn't help include a number of photo's of her work from the ShowStudio exhibition.  I'm extremely jealous that she's already created this  interactive digital wallpaper work as it was something that I personally was very interested in doing, damn it! 



Dress me up/Dress me Down by Liberty Ross
A fun idea where the viewer can participate in changing the head, or torso, or legs on a large monitor by using the touch screen controls.

Heston Blumenthal is a genius! 'Blumenthal is interested in food being about much more than just how we see and experience it in all the conventional senses.'  Heston was commissioned to do a series of dishes for a fashion shoot, I love the photo below of his coke inspired dish.