Friday 30 October 2009

Contemporary Prints @ Alan Christea Gallery

I found myself popping into Contemporary Prints, a group exhibition at the Alan Christea Gallery and was impressed by the new Julian Opie work.  I think it's great that he's developing a new body of work, and the use of 3D lenticulars gives a fascinatingly new take on the familiar Japanese imagery/illustrations.  Unfortunately it's not possible to see the 3D effect with the images I've added to my blog, but I have added the images to provide a general idea of the imagery itself.

This animation was not in the show, but provides a general idea the  of the movement that the 3D effect created.


Michael Craig-Martin also stood out in this group exhibition.  Although I am probably a tad biased as I have for a number of years admired his work.