Sunday 25 October 2009

Frieze Art Fair @ Regents Park

Okay, so last Saturday I bought myself a £27 ticket and got myself down to Frieze Art Fair.  To be truthful it was a waste of time and money.  I feel absolutely violated after the whole experience, and it has taken me a week to sit down calmly, well as calmly as possible, to submit it into my blog.  So yes it is my own fault, it is what it says it is on the packet, it is a 'art fair'.  
In an online video, Frieze art fair: 'Who said art was dead?' Adrian Searle says "I always try to encourage young artists to go to art fairs...it's a bit like toilet training...you need to know where your shit goes and where it ends up..."  I completely agree, there is a lot of shit!!!! But what I have gained from the experience is that I now have a much clearer idea of what I do and do not like...and I don't like the majority of Frieze art fair.  

However, some of the bits that I did like were...

Grayson Perry

Ian Davenport
Walead Beshty 

Joanne Tatham and Tom O’Sullivan